My web spaces: India Travel | Me'lange | My Flickr | My Photography |



 

EXPLORING INDIA : From Kaziranga to the Himalayas to the desert of Jaisalmer to the backwaters of Allepey to the sun baked coral beaches of Lakshadweep....A first hand account of exploring this beautiful country.



Thursday, June 22, 2006

One year of blogging

Share

A break from Delhi and the work pressure on return had kept me off my blog for most of last month. But then I realized that during these days I had completed one year of blogging. My tryst with blogosphere is not very long. It started sometime in April-May last year. I still remember going through various definitions of a blog on the net. Creating a blog in Blogspot.com was very easy. But then started the process of giving your blog the desired look. In the process I had learned some html coding as well. Customising took some time before I finally settle down with the design and look. Everything had undergone a change -- from the blog name to the url to the template. I started the blog as ‘Guwahati Diary’. But finally settle down for ‘India Travel Diary’ with a new template. This was phase I. Then I understood the need for promoting the blog. It did wonders as my blog started receiving around 20 hits a day. Around 50 posts, more than 3000 hits, a few phone calls from visitors, some emails for more information and some comments – it certainly has been a very satisfying experience. It has made me feel that whatever little time I had spent in blogging was worth it. The milestone was probably marked by the opportunity to be a part of the first ever bloggers meet at Guwahati.

Labels:

posted by Rupankar Mahanta at 10:46 AM

Please DO NOT post comment with url. If you have an url, then you should request for a link exchange.


Translate this post into:
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified



2 Comments:

At June 22, 2006 4:09 PM, Blogger Mridula said...

Good to hear that you completed a year of blogging. May we all blog more.

 
At May 15, 2009 6:23 PM, Anonymous Web Design Quote said...

Now you spent 4 to 5 years and get lots of thing but i think you are not updated your blog. I hope you will be updated your blog and share some more information with respect to you experience. I am waiting for more update stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home