My web spaces: India Travel | Me'lange | My Flickr | My Photography |



 

EXPLORING INDIA : From Kaziranga to the Himalayas to the desert of Jaisalmer to the backwaters of Allepey to the sun baked coral beaches of Lakshadweep....A first hand account of exploring this beautiful country.



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just back from Ajmer

Share

This is a trip I had been planning for some time. But the 400+ km distance from Delhi was one of the reasons holding me back. The Shatabdi from Delhi leaves at 6 am. Given the fact that we see sunlight these days only around 7 am, one has to get up at unearthly hours in this bitter cold to catch this train. Finally I gathered courage to undertake a driving trip. The trip one way was 410 km. It took us 7 hours to make that distance. I had driven almost 400km many times during my earlier posting. My home town Guwahati and my place of posting Nazira was almost 400km apart. But those were days when I was 10 years younger and did not have the slip disc problem. Anyway, my back hold well for 410 km one way and 860 km round trip drive in 3 days.

Encouraged by this successful endeavor, now I am planning to have another 400 plus km trip. This time to the Rantahmbor national park via Alwar, visiting Sariska on the way, and then may be a return via Bharatpur.

Labels: ,

posted by Rupankar Mahanta at 9:59 PM

Please DO NOT post comment with url. If you have an url, then you should request for a link exchange.


Translate this post into:
Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified



2 Comments:

At February 01, 2011 11:21 AM, Anonymous Shridi Pakages said...

Wow! great and have a nice trip ahead.

 
At May 19, 2011 5:54 PM, Anonymous central playa hotel ibiza said...

400 km drive ? i never think of this realy very difficult for me to drive 400 km

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home